Agile Delivery Manager
Role: Agile Delivery Manager - Location: Edinburgh
Salary: £55,000 – £70,000
Is this the start of your DevOpsGuys Journey?
We’re an award winning consultancy with an awesome team of individuals - working together to help clients on their digital transformation journey.
If team work inspires you and you’re driven to make a real difference to both people and organisations, we’re always on the lookout for brilliant new team members - Can you add your very own chapter to the DevOpsGuys story?
. What You’ll Do:
- You will manage one or more agile projects, typically to deliver a specific project or transformation via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled digital team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team, and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process will enable resource to be appropriately allocated. You will be core to decisions that build high performing teams, where people are excited about the work they are undertaking.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
- Deliver client projects using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the clients to define the roadmap for any given project and translate this into user stories
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for each stage of our delivery process.
- Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
The experience you’ll need:
- Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals which will affect their own business area
- Spot warning signs of things going wrong and provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value – giving people space to think creatively
- Analyse and evaluate pros and cons and identify risks in order to make decisions that take account of the wider context, including diversity and sustainability
- Identify the main issues in complex problems, clarify understanding or stakeholder expectations, to seek the best option
- Make difficult decisions by pragmatically weighing the complexities involved against the need to act
- Push decision making to the right level within their teams, not allow unnecessary bureaucracy and structure to suppress innovation and delivery
- Make clear, pragmatic and manageable plans for service delivery using programme and project management disciplines
- Exemplify positive client service behaviours and promote a culture focused on ensuring client needs are met
- Establish how the business area compares to client service expectations and industry best practice and identify necessary improvements in plans
- Get the best out of people by giving enthusiastic and encouraging messages about priorities, objectives and expectations
- Adopt clear processes for managing at all levels
- Review, challenge and adjust performance levels to ensure quality outcomes are delivered on time rewarding success
- Maintain effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances, encouraging others to do the same
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in area of work
- Confidently engage with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to goals
- Clarify strategies and plans, giving clear sense of direction and purpose for self and team
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues and contacts to achieve progress on objectives and shared interests
- Encourage contributions and involvement from a broad and diverse range of staff by being visible and accessible
- Effectively manage team dynamics when working across departmental and other boundaries
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress
Specialist Skills and requirements
- Experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Proven experience using Agile project management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Sound understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
The tech bit
You’re going to be a key part of the team delivering solutions that accelerate software delivery for our clients, so you’ll need to have a good understanding of the software delivery process and concepts such as Agile, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
Here’s the technologies we are using to help our clients, so you’ll need confidence that you are able to communicate with a team delivering solutions using the following;
- Windows and Linux Environments in Cloud and Virtualised environments
- Planning tools such as Atlassian Jira
- Source control; Team Foundation Server and GitHub
- Continuous Integration systems; TeamCity and Jenkins
- Configuration Management tooling; Chef, Ansible and PowerShell DSC
- Release automation tool; Octopus Deploy; Yum
- Cloud Environments; Azure, AWS, Rackspace and OpenStack
- Monitoring platforms; AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios
Where next? Your career is in your hands and DevOpsGuys will do all it can to support your continued growth and development. But as food for thought, many individuals who have stepped up into this role have then gone on to:
- Senior Delivery Manager
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to *****************************
DevOps Consultant not the right role for you, but know someone who would be a good fit? Good News… DevOpsGuys offers up to £1000 for successful candidate referrals. Please contact us at ************************** or visit our career page for more available roles www.**************/careers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302945