Java Software Developers x2 - ASAP & Sept 2018 start
About Process Systems Enterprise (PSE)
Due to our continued growth, PSE is looking for a Java Developers to join our well established software development team in Hammersmith, London. PSE is the world's leading supplier of Advanced Process Modelling technology and related model-based engineering and innovation services to the process industries. We collaborate with some of the world’s largest publicly trading companies and work with them to create sustainable value, by providing new ways to deal with complexity, uncertainty and risk, and to make breakthrough innovation.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Java Developers to join our experienced software development team and focus on developing our modelling platform and our web applications. We believe that programming craftsmanship is important so there will an ability to progress further in terms of programming skills, training and career development.
We are also looking for Graduate Java Developers to start in September 2018, please visit our website to apply.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Develop and maintain the Java-based gPROMS desktop application. You will work over the complete software life-cycle from requirements analysis through GUI and OO design, implementation and support.
- Design and implement new functionality of our new web based application
- Work with in-house and external expert users to improve the general robustness, performance, usability and workflows of the software
- Resolve critical bug fixes quickly.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Commercial Java experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent within software engineering or computer science or similar subject
- Ideally developing desktop GUI applications or web based applications and UIs
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills with a good understanding and practical experience of using design patterns
- Passion for writing clean, reusable, maintainable and flexible production code
- Outstanding communication skills, a desire to learn and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Offices near the Hammersmith stations
- Flexible, relaxed environment working with a friendly team
- Free fruit, toast, coffee, tea and biscuits
- Cake for your birthday
- 26 Holidays per year plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- Medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team events
- Money towards professional fees, professional books reimbursed
- External training and career paths
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, disability, or social class.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302296