Devops / Senior Systems Engineer
Devops / Senior Systems Engineer with Puppet and extensive Automation and Continuous Integration experience required to work within our Web Configuration and Environments team, we are looking for a talented System's Engineer experienced in Automation and Continuous Integration technologies. You will have a passion to design, build and support robust deployment and configuration management systems for a multi-tier Java platform.
A key part of this role is to take ownership, develop the capability and provide mentoring to the wider team for Automation and Continuous Integration as such we are looking for a skilled Puppet Engineer with a solid background in Unix Administration.
- SME for Automation and Continuous Integration technologies, develop, support and mentor
- Unix system administration, providing support and mentoring to the wider team
- Refinement, tuning and optimising of the build\deployment process
- Code and Configuration deployment
- Maintenance and management of large web development and testing environments.
- Maintenance and management of web document repositories (GIT, Wiki, Jira etc.)
- Undertake regular environmental reviews and agree actions with Configuration Manager
- Experience of Configuration Management with Puppet
- Must be familiar with version 4, R10K, Hiera 5, Postgres
- Fluent in constructing manifests and template and/or modules.
- Ruby Language is seen as a bonus rather than a requirement.
- Excellent UNIX, Linux with BASH, Python or other scripting skills
- A good understanding of application deployment strategies and exposure to continuous integration (ideally Jenkins)
- Good experience in the maintenance and management of software development environments hosted on VM's (running Apache, JBoss, Tomcat and associated technologies)
- Troubleshooting of platform level problems, identifying and isolating problematic software to assist the development team with fault resolution.
- Excellent working knowledge of code repositories and software version control (GIT preferred)
Join us on our journey, in return, we offer an excellent compensation package, which includes pension scheme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, flexible working, continuous training and personal development. We provide a healthy work/life balance enabling you to have a fulfilling and rewarding long term career.
Electrocomponents trading through its brands RS Components and Allied electronics is a British-based distributor of electronics, components, engineering tools and consumables. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn. Following a change of several key members of the executive leadership team in 2015, including the appointment of Alexander von Schirmeister, Chief Innovation Officer who joined from eBay, the business has been reinvigorated and there is a renewed appetite for growth and innovation.
The new leadership team has developed a bold strategic vision that centres on driving a best-in-class customer and supplier experience, enhancing the organisation's digital capabilities and focusing online user experience to increase the pace of change and provide a profitable base for future growth.
We recently celebrated achieving £1 billion of annual digital revenues.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301553