Design and integrate customer, proprietary and bespoke electrical systems and components to achieve vehicle targets.
- Analysis and specification of system requirements including the communication, functional and physical elements of the system.
- Management of suppliers delivering components or system to a project.
- Supervision and development of junior team members.
- Delivery of EDS schematic and physical designs.
- Delivery and monitoring of requirements documentation
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of projects
- Design and development of electrical and electronic systems for vehicle programme applications.
- Generate system architecture diagrams and circuit drawings to support electrical design activity.
- Ensure that the Electrical design adheres to low voltage, high voltage, high current and EMC best practices.
- Consider the use of alternative materials and technologies in pursuit of the optimal design for cost, weight and performance.
- Undertake hazard analysis, risk management and DFMEA for components and systems as required.
- Define and execute system test and validation activities.
- Support virtual and physical builds for components and vehicles.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing our client, as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and all other departments
- Understand and work to our clients, Customer, Industry and Legislative standards.
provides world class technical innovation, engineering, testing, and manufacturing services to deliver energy efficient performance to a number of industries.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Recent experience and proven track record in electrical integration within the automotive or autosport industries.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
- The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to present technical data to external and internal audiences and maintain excellent working relationships across a range of departments.
- Commercial awareness; a practical understanding of the relevance in a customer facing role.
- Team player
- A 'can do' attitude
- A drive for success
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous supervisory or mentoring experience
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299991