Credit Controller / Sales Administrator
The MISSION is to be a world-leading company developing, manufacturing and supplying products and services for the food and drinks industry. They manufacture products to teach the world’s sensory teams how to assess their own products to ensure they are taint free and true to type. They also manufacture and sell brewers’ yeast making about 25% of the worlds’ beer.
They are looking for an adaptable, team-oriented person to be the Sales Admin / Credit Controller. The role is working within the Sales team. They require a confident credit controller and all-round Sales Administrator to keep on top of outstanding debt and assist with various admin duties in the sales department. You not need to have years and years of experience of this role, but you should have some transferable or related job experience.
You will be joining a young and enthusiastic team of scientists, marketing, sales and support staff within the new premises that the company moved to at the end of Dec 2017.
- Follow up on unpaid invoices (usually other documents needed and then we are paid)
- Accurate inputting / recall of data to / from our web-based systems
- Chase outstanding debt email, skype and phone
- Investigate Customer Invoice queries to ascertain why the invoice is not paid
- Produce Sales Invoices and email to customers
- Provide quotations to customers
- Follow up with customers on their orders
- Speak/email customers in many countries
- Take credit card payments from customers
- Provide statements to customers
- Create multi-currency invoices
- Other administrative duties as required
Does this describe you? If it does Join or Team.
- Experience of Credit Control
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise high value debtors and have an effective system for follow up
- Need excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able manage and prioritise workload
- Demonstrate confident telephone manner and be assertive
- Ability to double check own work for mistakes before sending documentation to the customer
- Familiar with reconciling customer accounts
- Strong written skills
- A team-oriented person
- Motivated and organized
- Business administration, sales, marketing or related qualifications
- Second language
- Experience of accounts packages – preferably Xero
- Experience of e-commerce software
What the company would offer
They offer 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, opportunities for training and development. Flexible hours within core working hours.
They are a web-based customer focused environment.
Aspiring to be world class, passionate, reliable and adaptable. And always global (Tokyo to Timbuktu ~ Bogotá to Brighton).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301208