Product Co-ordinator Portishead, North Somerset
Full-time Permanent role
Salary: competitive depending on qualification and experience
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Product Co-ordinator to join the Product Development and Design team within a prestigious family run business based in Portishead, Near Bristol. This role offers variety, responsibility and the opportunity to showcase your flair for style and product design. From creating products to delivering presentations you will fully utilise your previous Product Co-ordination (or similar) experience. If you enjoy taking a product through the full development process whilst being mindful of profit and margin implications, then this could be just the job for you! Full training and team support will be given to the successful candidate although some experience potentially within retail as well as office based will be advantageous.
Key Duties and Responsibilities required of the Product Co-ordinator include
- Initiation of new ideas whether own idea or based on internal feedback
- Communication of idea to the technical drawing assistant to assess feasibility
- Briefing full specification including packaging and packing requirements to overseas factories
- Calculating costs and negotiating prices with factories to include currency conversion
- Managing company margin/profit expectations using comparisons with previous deals & following standard procedures
- Taking product to sampling stage if appropriate and commercially viable
- Presenting sample to the team and placing order with the factory if approved
- Hands-on involvement and assistance with Event Co-ordination, Trade Shows etc.
This role may suit an enthusiastic design graduate or a flexible individual with previous Product Co-ordination, retail merchandising or similar experience.
- Flexibility and willingness to get involved and respond to business needs as required to include preparation for and attendance of trade shows
- A keen eye for design and detail with an interest in style & design
- Good communication and IT skills
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Patience to deal with long learning process
- Heaps of common sense and able to work on own initiative when trained
- Flexibility to attend Key Exhibitions (which could include occasional weekends)
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
24 days Holidays plus bank holidays (up to 3 days to be taken at Christmas)
Attendance reward scheme
Sociable, fun working and supportive working environment
9-5.30 – flexibility required to cover business needs
Product Co-ordinator, Product Development, Product Assistant, Product Merchandising, Design Graduate
Berry Rowan Recruitment Solutions are acting exclusively as independent Recruitment consultants in respect of this role – all third party applications will be forwarded to Berry Rowan.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301381