Infrastructure Team Lead
This is a technical hands on role to lead the Server & Storage engineering team with a focus on operational excellence, ensuring technologies, systems and services are reliable, available, up to date and compliant. It forms part of the Infrastructure Team which sits within the Technical Services group. The team is responsible for the full lifecycle of the core infrastructure services which includes, UPS, shared storage, physical severs, the server virtualisation platforms (vSphere), the Windows Server operating systems and Windows core services (Active Directory, certificate services, file, print and DFS). The IT Department is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the clients Information Technology systems and global services, including all phases of system design, build, implementation and operation to meet the needs of the business.
You will be working closely with colleagues across the Technical Services team in the UK, regional based technical teams, the Service Desk and the wider business in delivering critical IT services.
- The stability and availability of the client's server and storage environment.
- Management of the full lifecycle of the server and storage environment through design, implementation, support and decommission.
- Continual service improvement and optimisation of the server and storage environment
- Capacity management, monitoring and alerting.
- Creating and updating of documentation relating to the server and storage environment.
- The preventative maintenance of technologies, systems and services in the server and storage environment.
- Identification of KPI's and measuring and reporting against them.
- Ensure Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans are documented, updated and tested.
- Lead the Server & Storage Team on a day to day operational basis. Ensuring team members are effectively led, motivated and understand their responsibilities within their and the wider IT Teams.
- Manage the team’s server & storage platforms; ensuring incident escalations are dealt with in a timely fashion, and ITIL processes such as Change Control are being adhered to
- Drive the client’s Server & Storage strategy, providing recommendations to Architects and Management on service improvements. Ensure systems are resilient and scalable to meet the demands of the business.
- Provide administration, support and management of global and regional IT services.
- Provide highly specialised technical expertise to support and maintain multiple environments globally and demonstrate an awareness of the associated infrastructures.
- Work with Technical Architects in the production of product roadmaps and standardising technologies globally.
- Work with security team in setting and maintaining security standards.
- Partner with the various technical teams in the UK and international sites to develop and implement new solutions.
- Identify and work with 3rd party vendors, ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are set, reviewed and achieved.
- Conduct complex technical analysis to resolve system problems, ensuring procedures and processes are followed for system changes.
- Produce and as required present management Information to line manager, regional managers, architects and the IT department.
- Provide guidance and input into the annual budgeting process for project and business as usual activities.
- Track spends on operations & projects throughout year reporting variances.
- Microsoft accredited
- VCP accredited
- EMC accreditations (advantageous)
- ITIL v3
- Prince 2 (advantageous)
- Experience of leading high performing technical teams in demanding environments.
- To take ownership for critical systems. Strong background in designing and implementing enterprise-level infrastructure solutions and associated systems management.
- Excellent leadership abilities with strong team ethic. Ensuring staff are motivated, have relevant SMART objectives and are capable of delivering targets on time. Ability to mentor / coach individuals.
- Previous budgetary control for project and operational expenditure.
- Experience in working closely with vendors in running tender processes, agreeing SLA’s and managing KPI’s.
- Excellent communication, documentation and workflow skills.
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving and strategic planning – working with the broader business to identify requirements and propose solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300143