Lead DevOps Engineer | 12 months | Up to £700 per day
Evodia Consulting is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security, containerisation. The task will be 12 months with a possibility to extend a further 12 months, and has a maximum day rate of £700.
DevOps engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security, containerisation.
Scripting languages Bash+Ruby/Python.
Coordinating and directing effective deployment of engineers into critical delivery projects
Who you will work with
- Technical Architects, Network Architects and Developers
- Head of Core Platform team
What you will do
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
- Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6. Participate in the oncall rota
- Work on containerisation of the services(Docker, Kubernetes)
- Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, Mysql)
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Production experience in Linux environment:Linux Dev Ops/Sysadmin expert level,AWS,AWS SDK, AWS CLI, Puppet/Hierra, Development Bash/Shell, one higher-level scripting language(Ruby/Python/Perl or other, ELK stack project implementation
- Production experience in Networking: TCP/IP advanced, Firewalls advanced SSL/TLS for encryption in transit advanced/expert.
- Load Balancing: Haproxy, Nginx advanced/expert, DNS management advance/expert
- Production experience of managing Databases: Postgres up to DBA expert level and any 2 out of Postgres/Mysql/MongoDB/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ System Admin level
- Live Project CI/CD Administration: Jenkins,GIT, Artifactory or similar system advanced/ expert level, Docker/Vagant advance/expert level, Working in agile teams facilitating CI/CD pipeline.
- Track record of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
- Leadership experience: leading a team of Dev Ops. A minimum of 2 examples of leading design and delivery of migration projects or platform build projects.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of Her Majesty’s Passport Office systems
- Deploying Kubernetes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301233