Technical Issue Resolution Engineer
Technical Issue Resolution Engineer - Peterborough
Our client, a major manufacturer of Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available an initial 12-month contract opportunity for a Technical Issue Resolution Engineer to join their team.
Supporting our client's ongoing NPI programs, an opportunity has arisen for a Technical Lead to join our client's engineering team. In this role, you will support the development of our family of diesel engines 0.5 - 7.1L, working with product managers and engineers to ensure that technical issues identified during the validation and pilot testing, are resolved in a timely and robust manner.
As a key member of the team, you will triage customer issues, identify likely causes, and identify suitable teams to own issues. You will be responsible for providing support & coaching to engineers in methods for determining root causes, whilst reporting to product managers and customers on the progress of projects.
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Issue Resolution Engineer
- Review of newly identified issues to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to resolution projects
- Triage of issues to identify product risk, and potential impact to customers
- Maintenance of project plans and timelines
- Provide reporting and leadership to issue owners, and ensure that actions are taken in a timely manner
- Provide coaching in risk identification and root cause analysis techniques (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, Ishikawa, Fault Tree Analysis)
- Communicate progress to project managers and provide reports & updates to customers
- Manage processes for the management of issues and identification of lessons learnt for use on future programs
Qualifications and Experience required for the Technical Issue Resolution Engineer role
- Previous experience of resolving technical issues is essential, ideally gained working on Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engines.
- Knowledge of diesel engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets
- Detailed experience in a suitable product design and development environment.
- Detailed knowledge of 6 Sigma, 8D or similar root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints and context, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
- Experience of leading engineering projects, and delivering through small teams
- Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302304