Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec bias)
Contract Maintenance Engineer - Days (08:30 - 16:30)
Our Client are a global manufacturer of leading edge products and are currently seeking a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join the team, initially on a 3 month contract basis.
Position Purpose - To work as part of the maintenance team to ensure all items of plan and machinery are maintained to the appropriate standard and to ensure their performance is safe and reliable. To reduce downtime, improve plan performance and reliability by identifying and implementing solutions
- Take ownership of improvement activities and support site wide projects
- Support the Maintenance Team Leader (MTL) in the day to day activity planning/work prioritisation
- Maintaining records within the site maintenance system (Calibrations/Inspections/Breakdowns/Repairs etc)
- Evaluate the quantity and availability of spare parts required to be in stock
- Identify and propose subcontractors and suppliers, and assist in the development of requires for quote to be sent to them
- Deliver fast, effective electrical/mechanical fault finding by investigating the root cause and identify and implement preventative solutions
- Ensure all corrective maintenance actions are carried out constructively and accurately
- Ensure that all consumed parts are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance tasks
- Practice continuous improvement, innovation and pro activeness for improved ways of working, offering possible solutions to problems encountered wherever possible
Business/Specific Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Applicants must have a time served fully indentured modern apprenticeship
- HNC/D in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- BTEC National Diploma in Engineering
- PLC fault finding - (Advantageous Siemens S7)
- Relevant IOSH Safety Training - (Advantageous)
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring regulations certificate preferable
- At least 5 years' experience within manufacturing environment, although other modern industrial environments would be considered. (FMCG)
- Can demonstrate a good hands-on knowledge of electronic, electrical and PLC control systems
- Experience with pneumatic systems; air rams, solenoids and pressure sensors and how they operate
- Experience/Knowledge of ATEX rated areas would be advantageous
- Good fault finding and problem solving skills, coupled together with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to understand electrical drawings
- General knowledge of Health and Safety standards and the ability to carry out on the job risk assessments
- Good organisational and decision-making skills
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, pro-active and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Forward thinking
- Progressive attitude towards training
- IT Literate (Able to input work and times into front line maintenance system)
- Good verbal listening skills
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate effective team working skills, enabling them to liaise both internally and externally to the technical function.
They must be flexible, confident, trustworthy and professional, they must be self-organised and motivated, adhere to the corporate H&S and Code of Conduct Standards, be customer focussed and ability to influence, leading training and mentoring.
Candidates would benefit from having a strong background in environments such as chemical, polymer or FMCG manufacturing.
Please note that candidates must be available for weekend cover 1 week in 6 to be considered for this role.
Should you be interested in this position, please contact a member of the Perpetual Partnerships team ASAP for initial discussion.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960300557