Vice President Quality Assurance
Vice President Quality Assurance
Location: South East
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the President and part of the EMEA Board, the VP Quality-EMEA has overall responsibility for leading the development and implementation of the EMEA Quality Assurance strategy, key programmes and operational standards in support of the EMEA Strategic Roadmap and in alignment with the global functional strategy.
Leading a team of approximately 140 quality professionals in 6 locations (UK, France, Italy, Poland, South Africa, Turkey), the role is responsible for providing a high performance quality function in support of business strategy. The role covers Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory.
- As a member of the EMEA BOD, partners with the business and influences business strategy development and execution.
- As a member of the Global Quality Leadership Council influences and provides guidance in setting global functional strategy.
- Develops, implements and manages quality management principles and tools which guide the organization and promote continuous improvement systems necessary to maintain recognition as a top tier quality organization
- Leads all plant and HQ Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Vendor Assurance, organizational structure and staffing.
- Networks and builds relationships with Customers, industry peers and regulatory agencies, working as a senior liaison or company representative in regards to quality and food safety matters.
- Serves as Senior Quality Executive on the EMEA Recall Committee, leading all efforts to protect Company’s and customer's brand while conforming to all corporate, regulatory and customer requirements
- Accountable for budgeting and goal setting for the EMEA Quality Assurance function to deliver functional and business unit results
- Develops and coaches direct reports & delivers succession plan; mentor transformational & growth talent from various functions.
- BSC degree in science discipline (Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology preferred) or other related fields
- 15+years of professional quality Management experience with supervisory responsibility
- Cross functional and/or cross divisional leadership experience preferred
Knowledge and experience
- Experience in Food industry
- International experience is a pre-requisite – leadership in a multi-country role/remit and/or undertaken international assignment in a multi-cultural, matrixed business.
- Business/financial acumen.
- Proven track record of organization and talent development.
- Experience of leading change projects and programmes.
- Experience in acquisition integration, identifying and driving synergies, and leading across different company cultures is strongly desirable.
- Active in trade associations
- Strategic thinker with ability to solve complex business problems with incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Evidence of very strong leadership skills and people management experience. Able to lead, motivate, influence, mentor and coach.
- Results orientated, “winner” mentality. High level of personal drive and commitment.
- Moves ideas forward into action. Takes appropriate personal risks when necessary to drive new or current initiatives
- Ability to make tough, timely decisions and trade-offs when necessary, despite opposition or uncertainty.
- Professionally mature, strong communication and listening skills, able to engage at all levels.
- Stays current and leverages technical/functional innovations, industry trends, and functional knowledge to benefit the business.
- Self-confident – ability to influence and command respect.
- Hands-on approach, willing and able to balance strategic versus operational priorities, as appropriate.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work effectively within an international, matrix environment.
- Ethical behaviour and Professional Maturity. Always does the right thing, even when it may be unpopular to do so. Takes appropriate action in response to unethical behaviour by suppliers, customers, or co-workers.
- Flexibility to undertake frequent travel (25-40%)
- Fluent English mandatory, another language is a plus
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302698