Duration: 26 Weeks
Define and manage the requirement definition, implementation, verification, and validation of a complex solution.
To conduct systems engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
Systems Engineers will create and sustain successful, purposeful, systems that:
- Relate to the development and delivery of goods and services;
- Deliver real benefits to the company, suppliers, and customers;
Works with all technical domains, and all business functions.
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team.
- Conducting Systems Engineer tasks throughout the systems lifecycle consisting of:
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the project System Requirements Specifications;
- Developing and documenting the System architecture;
- Developing and documenting the systems design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications;
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software;
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement (incl. Acceptance Management Plan);
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable;
- System testing and reporting:
- Leading with system testing;
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing:
- Conducting integration testing;
- Conducting system testing (informal and formal);
- Configuration and Data Management
- Training and Development
- Process Compliance
- Adhere to the company's systems engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Support planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales.
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
Proven Ability / Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering Best Practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Proven ability working across the full systems lifecycle
- Awareness of Safety Issues
- Proven ability of planning and conducting all levels of integration and testing.
- Conducting system commissioning, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Proven ability to conduct engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes.
- Knowledge of Sonar Systems, Sonar theory and practice
- Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of fundamental project management practices (e.g. planning, risk management, estimating, etc.)
- Knowledge of other electronic systems used in the defence industry (e.g. Radar, communication, weapon, fire control, decoy, surveillance)
- Knowledge of the operational and organisational structure of the UK (or similar) armed forces, especially Naval
- Proven ability to work with military systems, preferably in the Naval/Marin domain.
- Planning and conducting all levels of integration and testing.
- DOORS, Bugzilla/Jira, Q-Pulse/Windchill/IFS, COSTPOINT/EPICOR.
- Knowledge of networking standards
- Use of System Modelling tools
- Matlab & Simulink
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302384