Dev Ops Engineer
URGENT INTERVIEWING NOW
An exciting challenge & opportunity has arisen to join this progressive Global Software Leader in developing the PaaS & IaaS environment for the new product suite for updated services and SaaS. You will work with the Development team in the Scrum as part of the system team. You will set up and ensure processes are exercised with Best Practice & stringent Testing for high performance and continuous delivery etc. Working in Scaled Agile, SAFe, including application integration for various 3rd party software to provide a secure payment transaction platform. You will be involved in shaping the build, test & SPRINT releases with the Developers in Java and a mix of building a robust, scalable, high availability Cloud on AWS or on-premise hosting as governance dictates. You will ideally need to have a good mix of creating automated tools working alongside Operations, Dev, Architecture, Testing and Service Operations, Technical Product Owners etc.
- Representing Dev Ops activities with the Development Team in an Agile / SAFe Environment.
- Help and advise the Development team on validating functionality for automation processes through full SDLC with Linux Servers (Redhat Ideal)
- Conduct System Scripting, Ruby ideal, server configuration, automation, Chef, Docker, Shell Scripting etc.
- Activities inc support issues etc on Cloud, AWS, IaaS & PaaS, Terraform, JBOSS etc.
- Help mentor other Engineers within the team & work to Agile, Sprint and even Scaled Agile, SAFe.
- Working within an Agile environment for a software house or an Application provider for web services, Omnichannel Solutions, Payment Processes.
- Experience of various automated tools including any of the following: Ruby, Python, Jenkins, Chef, JON.
- A background in using different development and test methodologies and activities such as: Jenkins, Build Production Testing, CI/CD artefact Performance Testing, REST, TTD, BBST, Security Issues, Source Control Systems (GIT, Bitbucket) etc.
- Working in cross functional teams for Cloud, SaaS and Secure Web Services / Hosting, F5.
- Ideal domains would be banking, retail or e-tail, Payment Devices, Apple Pay, PayPal, iPay etc. Also standards like EMV, Contactless, PCI, PSD2 etc.
- Ideal technologies (experience in any of the following); AWS, AWS SDK, HashiCorp Terraform, HashiCorp Vagrant, Chef, Test Kitchen, Ruby, RSpec, InSpec, Jenkins, Groovy, Linux, RHEL IPA, HashiCorp Packer, Docker, RHEL OpenShift, Kubernetes.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work on the Cloud & PaaS for tomorrows secure technologies for eCommerce, mCommerce & other fast-moving business payment solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302407