Test Technician (Materials)
We are currently seeking an experienced Test Technician for a role with a Scientific Production company based in Didcot.
The role involves the Testing of Materials used within their production processes and will involve elements such as Wear testing to ascertain their suitability to the processes involved.
The tests involve setting and operating the lathes, measuring the wear scars generated, recording results and any observed anomalies during the testing sequence.
The Precision Test team is the main eyes and ears of the Precision Applications research team and must assure of test consistency and repeatability.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform and train operators how to perform wear tests on CNC equipment.
- Use advanced measuring techniques to determine level of wear and produce test inserts to micron accuracy.
- Draw simple geometries in CAD and generate tooling paths for tool fabrication.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities, document processes and contribute to safe systems of work.
- Use, problem-solve and develop test instrumentation such as force measurement.
- Use inspection equipment such as vernier gauges, micrometers and surface finish instrumentation. Inspect wear scars and tool damage using optical microscopes.
- Predict completion times, schedule workloads and foresee issues with both the material and existing capacity
- Monitor machine condition and behaviour, conduct maintenance and support in breakdown
- Read and interpret test data, compile reports and present findings to application engineers.
We are seeking candidates with either an Advanced Apprenticeship or Degree and who have ideally worked in a complex Test Environment such as a Metallurgy lab.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a cutting edge technology company and there will be opportunities for advancement.
Salary is commensurate with experience and potential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302606