Digital Optimisation Analyst
As Digital Performance Analyst you will report into the Digital Performance Manager within the Digital Product Office. The Digital Product Office is the team within SSE’s Digital Studio.
In this role you will be responsible for executing the digital optimisation plan using optimisation tools, in conjunction with internal and external project teams. You will also be responsible for supporting the reporting and analysis of all aspects of digital analytics for the Digital Studio.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Plan and execute A/B and multivariate tests in line with the digital optimisation plan
* Work with the wider Digital, Digital Marketing and other business teams to help them identify business and site improvement opportunities
* Report on results of A/B and multivariate tests and make recommendations for permanent site improvements
* Ensure selected 3rd party agencies and suppliers meet their given targets and timelines by being the day to day contact.
* Develop and maintain ongoing communications strategy to ensure all stakeholders are aware of testing plans, live tests and results.
* Work with the appropriate business teams to ensure all tests and changes to digital properties are appropriate and within our compliance & legal framework
* Support the Digital Insights team in providing reports, and associated insight, to inform the digital teams and wider business against digital KPI’s and market performance.
* Use other tools as appropriate (mixed methods approach) to explain and identify opportunities within online consumer behavior (e.g. Hitwise, online survey tools, etc)
* Support the wider Digital team and business in the resolution of ad hoc requests on site performance
Your Skills and Experience
* Detailed knowledge of digital optimisation techniques
* Advanced level experience of enterprise level optimisation systems – such as Webtrends Optimize, Oracle Maxymiser, Optimizely
* Ability to translate data into insight
* Ability to uncover actionable insight through data mining
* Understanding of the value of customer segmentation and how this can be applied to site optimisation
* Knowledge of digital analytics systems and technique
* Market performance analytics understanding
* Market research - consumers and trends understanding
* Ability to remove business-related impediments raised by the team
* Flexibility to learn new skills
* Ideally has a knowledge of the energy industry
* Ideally has experience of agile development teams
* Strong communication skills with both business and technical stakeholders
* Innovation: continuously looking for new approaches to solving business problems and improvement to the business processes in which the problem exists
In terms of your softer skills you should thrive on finding innovative solutions to data driven problems always striving for continuous improvement. You should feel comfortable working in agile teams and have an agile way of working as this is very much the way we work within our Digital Studio. You should have good communication skills and a collaborative approach so that you can easily engage with key stakeholders and product owners. It’s also really important to us that you are able to develop in your role and we will encourage you to learn new tools and techniques to assist you in doing this.
The Digital Studio
The purpose of the Digital Studio Team is to deliver the Digital Strategy and Roadmap with the purpose of reducing our cost to service and increasing our ability to retain and sell to customers. We are now expanding our team and looking forward to delivering challenging new projects with continued success but we need to diversify our team, skill sets and generate new ideas within an Agile way of working.
Our Retail business is a market leader in supply of electricity and gas and in other energy-related services such as telecoms, broadband and boiler cover. We supply energy to more than seven million household and business account under our brands: SSE, SSE Scottish Hydro, SSE Southern Electric and SSE SWALEC in the Great Britain market and SSE Airtricity in the markets in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. At SSE, we're committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly; we want to make life easier for you, find ways of saving you money, and be on hand to help when you need us the most, that’s our customer promise.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is: 22nd March 2018
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301753