Bids, Tender & Pricing Specialist
Title Bids, Tender & Pricing Specialist
Job location : Office based in Loudwater, near High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Reporting to Bids, Tenders and Pricing Supervisor
Number of direct reports None
Division to provide service Medical Devices (approx. 3’000 employees)
Key relationships External: Procurement Departments and tendering agents in UK/IRE
Internal: Country Supply Chain, Legal, Country Leader UK/IRE, Sales Team, Finance, Compliance and Customer Service
Current situation & brief summary of tasks & requirements
The position holds responsibility for the handling tender/procurement, contract and pricing activities together with Sales & Marketing in order to meet targets and fulfill demands in the market.
The position will be based in Loudwater, High Wycombe, UK and will support both the UK and Ireland markets for Cardinal businesses- Cordis Cardiovascular, Patient Recovery medical consumables and Cardinal Health products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage day to day tasks in the Bids, Tenders and Pricing specialist role in the local countries, through excellence in connecting with the commercial business, i.e. Sales Managers and Sales individuals
- Local process work with Tender management and Contract management. This includes adhering to and working in accordance with all related work instructions within the scope of responsibility.
- Proactive tender management coordination in all phases of the Procurement and Contract lifetime through the use of Contract Manager software.
- Creation of agreements/contract pricing onto Contract Manager system and their continued maintenance.
- Proactive research and verification of pricing queries received from both external and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain close cooperation with all stakeholders both internal and external for all contract, tender and pricing activities.
- Manage and develop the tender management cycle and pricing processes, looking to make continuous improvements.
- Continued updating of the Cardinal Health Tendering Value Document, along with other Bids and Tenders team members that demonstrates all elements of company values that can support any tender submission.
- Create a process whereby we learn from lost awards by reviewing our approach and look for continuous improvement
- Ensure best bid creation where customers (internal and external) questions are answered, and the organisation has the best possible chance of success.
- Have an excellent appreciation of what the customer needs and how best to articulate how the organisation can best provide that
- Support other countries within the Northern European cluster if needed.
- Use all valid B&T tools to secure Compliance and Control within the country.
- Secure a strong network with Country Sales & Marketing Management.
- Follow and adhere to all rules and regulations (internal as well as external) within the department responsibility. & experienceEducation Bachelor’s degree in BusinessLanguages Fluency in English
- Key requirements
- Experience or knowledge about public procurement, purchasing law and contract law.
- Experience of pricing activities to include pricing queries and pricing maintenance.
- Experience in a fast paced organisation with a quick and pragmatic decisions approach.
- Understanding local Health Care systems within both the NHS and Private sector.
- Excellent experience within the Bids & Tenders arena.
- Evidence of building strong connections with the sales organization and understanding the business strategies
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial awareness and numerical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of different business systems.
- Extensive Computer software package skills (Excel).
- Experience of Contract Manager (cloud based) system.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Ability to think out of the box and propose innovative solutions / approaches.
- Time management, efficiency, the ability to meet deadlines work with minimal supervision.
- LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES Strategic Thinking: Anticipates complex internal/external business issues that may impact organization. Creates and articulates a long-term strategic vision based on anticipated internal/external trends.Disciplined Execution: Able to solve complex or unusual business problems while remaining process oriented, and adhering to details.
- Team Interaction: Fosters long-term relationships with key decision makers within/outside organization; sponsors team involvement; creates an environment in which diversity is utilized as a competitive advantage. Negotiates with customer and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish broad business objectives.
- Customer Focus: Collaborates with key internal/external customers to develop strategies that anticipate and address their business needs and challenges. Leverages knowledge and understanding of customer to develop cutting edge solutions that improve business results and shares key leanings with others.
- Results Orientation: A self-starter who takes responsibility for objectives and results; holds oneself accountable for taking action to deliver business results.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302942