Data Warehouse Manager
Data Warehouse Manager | London Market Insurance | Permanent - £90K + Bonus & Benefits | City of London
A leading City based London Market Insurer with a Pan-European presence has implemented a new data warehouse for a number of business areas and is looking for an experienced, hands-on Data Warehouse Manger to manage the Data Warehouse development team of two and roll out the DWH to new lines of buisness.
The role is ideally suited for someone who is looking to take a step up from development into more of a Manager/Team Lead position whilst remaining hands-on.
- Management and oversight of the already created ETL between multiple source systems and the Global Data Warehouse. A set number of data fields have been included in the first phase but the second phase will include significantly more and this will fall under this role’s remit
- Lead and grow the UK team that supports the data warehouse – includes task scheduling but also challenging them on the solutions delivered to ensure reusability and technical accuracy
- Process improve and continual improvement (automation where possible) of the month end close/snapshot process, which includes inception to date loads as well as incremental loads
- Data and ETL resolution will be key – this includes status reporting to management of the number of issues identified to date and on a monthly basis as each month closes, prioritization, escalation, etc……..a working model to be implemented to resolve these issues as quickly as possible with complete transparency to the business users as well as the executive.
- The role will have a dotted line into the Global Data Warehouse architect and is expected to work in conjunction with the team in the US who manages the Global Data Warehouse system. Therefore demonstrable examples of collaboration and working as part of a virtual team is expected.
- Agree and implement SLA’s for data/ETL issue resolution with the companies and the Global Data Warehouse team as a whole
- Role includes an element of ETL for augmentation when required so a high level of expertise with SSIS and other ETL tools is expected
- Implement best practice – code management, testing, reporting. Use technology to make the role/function more effective as the workload will only increase with phase 2
- Working with the data stewards within the companies to help them resolve the business data issues and to take ownership of the issues that require a technical resolution
- Provide input into the information/report deployment process, dashboards, static reporting , self-service reports, etc
- Management of the above with structured methodology, documentation and process
Required Technical Experience
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and working with a DW, as well as identifying key BI metrics and developing appropriate reporting solutions.
- 8+ years’ experience creating and implementing data warehousing and Business Intelligence platforms and maintaining same
- Experience with BI tools (MS Dynamics, IBM Cognos or similar) is required
- Excellent MS SQL skills (including T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS and server management)
- Ability to identify KPIs and key metrics and deliver the information to decision makers in a meaningful format
- Experience with data integration from multiple different systems
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Logistics experience a plus
- Oracle experience a plus
- Kimbal vs. Inmon
- BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, OBIEE)
- Star Schema designs and Tools
- OLAP tools – SSAS, Essbase, etc.
- Data history Vs currency - history helps with analytics based on data changes
- Data aggregation from multiple disparate sources, including unstructured data
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303215