Contol Systems Engineer
To deliver control systems and systems engineering capability to the electrical team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPERATIONAL DUTIES:
- Reporting to the Principal Engineer - Electrical Systems, this role will be part of the electrical team delivering Control and Systems Engineering.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering control systems and system engineering activities.
- Development of engineering documents detailing the requirements of electrical, electronic and control systems and components.
- Development, testing and calibration of Control Systems software using Matlab / Simulink.
- Full support of the Systems Engineering V-Cycle
- This role will require some travel to customer sites, as required.
- Preparation and maintenance of the business functional safety road map in alignment with strategic goals.
- With the support and guidance of an external consultant roll-out of company standards and methodologies for Functional Safety analysis/compliance.
- Working with engineers from multiple disciplines, they will be responsible for implementing and assisting in Functional Safety activities within the division.
provides world class technical innovation, engineering, testing, and manufacturing services to a number of different industries.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Electronics Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject
-Experience of implementing Functional Safety activities according to ISO26262 and/or IEC6150
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of hybrid and electric vehicles and the hazards relating to high voltage batteries and systems.
- Membership of a professional body at Chartered Engineer level.
- Team player essential, must be open and transparent, willing to support other team members, able to work in a small team environment, and accepting to take on new ideas, concepts, and ways of working. Professionalism and humility is a must. Committed to the development and maintenance of a strong positive company culture
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299985