Test Assurance Analyst
Test Assurance, Quality Assurance
You will be:
- Working with service providers and users to establish what testing is required and how it will be assessed and reported.
- Assuring that my clients systems, including those of our service providers, have been thoroughly tested and are ready for live operation
- Establishing and administering the processes by which prospective service users prove they can interface with my client’s service
- Providing facilities for users, meter manufacturers and other categories of test participants to test the interaction of their meters and back office systems against my client’s service
- Managing the resolution of issues that arise during testing
What will you do:
- Support the test leads in working with the Service Providers on system testing. BAT and OAT matters.
- Review how the detailed testing will be undertaken, evidenced and reported by the Service Provider
- Assure test completion through witnessing tests and inspecting test results
- Where required, will provide analytical support to other areas of the Test Assurance function
- Support my client’s engagement with its Service Providers on system testing, BAT and OAT matters.
- Review assigned aspects of system testing being undertaken by the Service Providers
- Analysis of test evidence to confirm that established criteria have been met
- Production of routine and ad-hoc reports and timely escalation of issues to the Test Assurance Services Manager and Test Leads (as appropriate).
Your Experience will include:
- A test professional with relevant testing and test assurance experience.
- Keenness and ability to rapidly understand complex functionality and architectures
- Possesses an understanding of testing standards and processes, and how these can be applied to a service provider
- Experience in witnessing tests and inspecting test results
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills identifying any exceptions to the agreed test approach, proposing alternative solutions and appropriate responses
- Demonstrates strong communications skills written & verbal
- Approachable, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working
Skills and Experiences Desirable:
- Experienced in using test management tools (such as HP ALM) to manage test execution and reporting
- Familiarisation with Remedy, Incident Management System
- Knowledge of the GB telecoms or energy industry (in particular smart metering) is desirable
- ISEB, ISTQB or equivalent certification
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960301898