Associate Highways Engineer
Main Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Associate Engineer to manage an existing team in our Birmingham office and grow our existing Highways design capabilities. Work includes feasibility through to the construction for highway bridges and rail bridges, along with various other civil structures projects for a variety of client. The role requires both management and technical leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively.
- Extensive experience of leading civil engineering, or multi-discipline, projects with a client facing role.
- Preparation of highway design and specifications.
- Chairing client and consultation project meetings
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects
- Business development through consolidating existing client relationships and seeking out new business
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way
- Providing technical guidance to others
- Reporting as necessary on projects and progress
- Working with both public and private sector clients on projects
- Mentoring Engineers
What Qualifications, Experience & Skills are; Essential or Preferred to be successful in the role?
- Civil Engineering Degree or a relevant discipline.
- Chartered MICE or MIStructE
- Previous Highways design experience at an Associate level
- Experience of bridge design, assessment, maintenance work
- UK experience in rail projects and design and assessment using Network Rail standards.
- Understanding of structural schemes, Eurocodes and their application to bridge design, Design Manual for Bridges, British Standards and other codes
- Previous experience of an engineering organisation
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
- Be able to work well in teams and provide efficient direction to graduates.
- Experience of AutoCad and design software
- Knowledge of design codes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960303349