Compliance Officer - Home Purchase Plans (HPP) & Mortgages
My client are looking to recruit a compliance officer to identify, assesses, mitigate and control through compliance monitoring. There is a focus on the operational aspects of Home Purchase Plans (HPP) business and mortgages.
The successful incumbent will undertake compliance monitoring and reviews to verify provision of managing information, on the banks adherence to the regulatory rules and the best practice that is discharged through the operational environment in BAU. Reporting and communicating issues as appropriate.
Core Aspects of the Role:
* Experience of end to end process controls for HPP (home purchase plan) and mortgages.
* Compliance Monitoring to ensure the bank remains fully compliant.
* Horizon scanning.
* Demonstrable knowledge of MCOBs (mortgage conduct of business).
* Provide compliance advice.
Wider Aspects of the Role:
* Review and monitoring of policies and procedures.
* Review of operational process.
* Advise the business on proposed activities and the regulatory impact from a financial crime
* Review and assist, as required, with on-boarding, MI, compliance review sign-off.
* Assist in the monitoring of the business assurance teams and origination team process as it relates to KYC on-boarding issues.
* Undertake Thematic reviews across identified specific business areas.
* Deliver ad-hoc, bespoke and ongoing training to ensure employees remain competent.
* Review the Data Protection framework and assist in ensuring the Data Protection policies and procedures are adhered to.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Advanced understanding of home purchase plan products (HPP), and mortgage business.
* Risk awareness of issues identified for escalation, proposing resolutions.
* Regulatory standards awareness.
* Stakeholder management, fostering a good working relationship.
* Good business report writing and presentation skills.
* Project management and organisational skills.
* Influencing skills (negotiation, persuasion, leadership)
* Relevant banking experience.
The Compliance Practice at Charles Levick support Permanent, Contract and Interim recruitment specialising in requisitions ranging from entry level Compliance Assistants through to Senior Level Appointments. Our focus spans Financial Services to include both Buy and Sell side Capital Market organisations, Private and Wealth Management, Insurance, Life and Pensions, Consultancy and Third Party Market providers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960302092