Corporate Tax Senior / Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accounting Firm who are looking to strengthen their Tax team and recruit a Corporate Tax Senior/Assistant Manager for their growing office in the Thames Valley. Providing pro-active tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients in varied industry sectors including OMB’s, key deliverables for the role include:
• Managing the corporation tax compliance process for a portfolio of corporate clients including standalone clients and groups
• Reviewing computations prepared by junior members of staff and taking responsibility for a high quality service to clients
• Identifying tax efficient opportunities for clients and liaising with partners on implementing those strategies
• Liaising with HMRC on queries into corporation tax returns
• Responsible for managing billing and work in progress
• Staff management for junior tax staff and assisting in development, training and the appraisal process for department staff
• Assisting with the overall management of the compliance function for the firm’s corporate clients
• Involvement in business development of the firm including attending networking events
• Some involvement on advisory work arising on the portfolio and the firm’s wider client base including R&D relief, group tax planning, international matters, venture capital tax reliefs, share schemes and valuations
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified Mixed or ideally Corporate Tax specialist who has managed a client portfolio of SME and corporate businesses, used to building relationships with clients and internal management teams, and can prioritise and work to strict corporate tax deadlines. With strong staff management skills, you should ideally be CTA and/or ATT qualified with up to date corporate tax knowledge.
On offer is a salary up to £45,000 depending on qualification and experience with benefits to include company pension, life insurance, holidays and flexible benefits. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile