Head of Compliance-Food Manufacturing
Brewster Pratap Engineering Recruitment are pleased to be working with a major food manufacturing business based in Lincolnshire as they look to recruit a Head of Compliance in what will be a newly created position.
It's an exciting time to join this growing business as they in the midst of a multi-million pound expansion and upgrade within their current site.
The business required an experienced Health and Safety Manager from a food manufacturing background, ideally chilled or frozen food, who will also manage the training and compliance function for the business.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will ensure that the site complies with all Health, Safety, Environmental, Food safety and Standard Work requirements and provide specialist advice on all SHE and Food Safety related matters.
The role will involve:
- To oversee the Compliance function for the company
- Coach and develop front line leadership team towards operational best practice.
- Ensure every task has a standard operating procedure and every SOP is continually audited to ensure compliance and improvement.
- Ensures all colleagues are trained and verified towards health & safety and food safety compliance and maintain accurate training records for audit and due diligence purposes.
- Support site teams in delivering a year on year 50% reduction in accidents and near misses. Ensure all accidents are investigated by competent investigators, ensure root causes have been identified, and ensures that corrective actions have been completed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted.
- Taking an active lead on investigating and reporting on major accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Assists the Operations Director in the establishment and maintenance of an effective Health, Safety and Environmental Management System, and champion the implementation across the site.
- Support site teams in ensuring the company compliance towards group and customer environmental policies and to ensure "waste" is contributing to bottom line via excellent waste stream management
- Assist the Operations Director in setting annual health & safety objectives for the business and to monitor progress towards achieving the health, safety and environmental vision.
- Co-ordinates health, safety and environmental activities and manages the establishment and maintenance of appropriate health, safety and environmental communications.
- Ensure the effective coordination of the Safety Committee and that the company's First Aid arrangements and Occupational Health provisions are adequate
- Co-operate with others within the business to ensure that health & safety training activities satisfies the needs of the business and legislation.
- To ensure the provision of skills and experience to meet unexpected changes and equip staff to cope with anticipated changes arising out of new technology and/or new legislation.
- Ensure that operational training activities are prioritised and co-ordinated.
- Assist with the delivery of policies and procedures to comply with legislation
- Achieves and maintain a recognised standard of competency and undertake continuing professional development.
- Works closely with Group HSE function to ensure compliance and the sharing of best practice.
- To personally ensure that all aspects of Due Diligence (Food Safety, Quality and Legislation) are adhered to.
- To personally take the appropriate and reasonable action in the event of witnessing a breach (or potential breach) of Food Safety, Quality or Legislation
This is an exciting new position and would see you joining the business during a period of huge investment and expansion.
The business are ideally looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager with a background within chilled or frozen food but would consider applications from Health and Safety Managers from all food backgrounds.
You'd be joining and playing an integral part within the senior management team and will have a huge impact on the day to day running of the site.
The business are offering a competitive salary and bonus package for the person with the desired experience.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.