Chef Manager - Milton Keynes College
An exciting opportunity to join our Hospitality Team at our Bletchley campus.Are you an experienced chef manager? We have a new and exciting opportunity for a chef manager to join our Catering & Hospitality team at Milton Keynes College. This is a varied and interesting position that would suit a catering expert with supervisory or management experience.
The successful candidate may be required to work across all 3 campuses, so will need to be able to travel between sites. Reporting into the Catering manager, the chef managers role will be to manage the catering outlet and the team of 5 staff at the Bletchley campus of Milton Keynes college.
More about the Rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Access to Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions
- Tax free child care scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more…
Location: Milton Keynes college (Bletchley Campus)
Hours: 37 hours per week 52 weeks per year (The role may involve evening and weekend work)
Salary: £20, 000 per annum
Closing date: Monday 19 th March 2018
As a successful candidate, you will have…
- Relevant vocational qualification at level 2 or above in Professional cookery or relevant industry experience
- L1/2 Food Safety Certificate
- Level 2 in Customer Service or relevant industry experience
- A good working knowledge and awareness of a broad range of catering practices and principles
- A proven experience in a supervisory/managerial position working in a restaurant.
- A proven experience of prioritising and managing own workload effectively, and have good organisational skills
- The ability to deal with customer facing queries in a professional manner
- A current knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and able to promote outstanding health and safety practice
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.