Creative Marketing Apprenticeship (Level 3) - Diploma in Social Digital Marketing
This is a talented team of digital marketing specialists (SEO, PPC, B2C & Analytics), who are committed to delivering growth in traffic and conversion KPIs across Friday Media Group websites.
Are you a bright and energetic individual with a creative edge, who is keen to learn about digital marketing in a full-time apprenticeship with a well-established and fun company.
We’re looking for someone who is hardworking and full of enthusiasm. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn and step that extra mile in order to achieve success.It will be a creative marketing based role, carrying out various daily tasks to support 2 market leading websites. Training will be available,with a strong chance of a permanent salaried role as a Creative Marketing Executive for the right candidate.
What will you be working on?
The Friday-Ad was the first weekly publication in the UK, back in the 70's, which enabled people to buy and sell items with each other locally. To this day, we still print over 350,000 copies of this paper every single Friday and thousands call us to place their adverts for cars, beds, and everything in between. The Friday-Ad website entertains our readers with local news, reviews, stories and opinions, and it will be your job to make sure these are alluring and engaging for our readers.
You will also be responsible for our Friday-Ad equivalent on the Isle of Wight, Wightbay, which is a long standing market-leader within the classifieds space on the island.
What will some of your day to day responsibilities be?
- Ensure that each week there is original and engaging content posted on our website which attracts new and returning visitors
- Work closely with the sales reps and business services to create features which are selling opportunities, eg ‘Our favourite tradesmen in the South East’.
- Lead Generation - Identifying pools of potential customers for the sales team to help gain more sales, eg tradesmen in certain parts of the UK
- Report each month on the success of your initiatives. Eg ‘Last month I sent an email to painter decorators in the South East and it generated £10,000 in new business’
- Identifying locals partners to help promote our websites
- Organise contra deals, competitions, reviews etc. For example, speak with a restaurant, ask them for a £200 voucher and offer this as a prize on our website, in exchange the restaurant gets advertising through us.
What do we expect you to have?
- A passion to learn and pick up new things
- A creative mind and an eye for what looks good
- A confident personality and the ability to engage with lots of different people with ease
- Ability to juggle lots of tasks at once
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- A grade A*-C in English
What would success look like in 6 months time?
- Your team and the sales team love you, they see your vision and they listen to you
- You are respectful of the targets the sales teams have and are helping them achieve these targets through your marketing efforts
- You have a portfolio of super strong and digital marketing under your belt, that have drummed up new business customers and new website visitors
- You’ve learned an incredible amount about digital marketing and you are confident with the knowledge you have obtained
- You are comfortable sitting in on strategy meetings, presenting your work and contributing to the discussions and ways in which we’ll move our businesses forward