Qualitätsingenieur - Quality Engineer (West Sussex)
The Best Connection are recruiting on behalf of our client in West Hampnett for an experienced Quality Engineer.
You will be responsible for supporting and addressing concerns in a prompt and professional manner.
You will be required to understand and identify root cause analysis and the 8D process, to take a strategic view, in order to find solutions.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will have a sound understanding of Quality Systems and the Principles of Quality.
This role involves working with interior trim vehicle components, therefore you will have some automotive experience.
You will be working with German clients/customers, therefore candidates who are fluent German (B2) would be advantageous.
You will have experience in driving quality improvement with an understanding of Tier 1
OEM, Quality System and regulatory standards together with a solid understanding of FMEA, APQP tools, techniques and continuous improvement process.
Responsibilities Of Quality Engineer:
- Conduct Internal Audits to measure and highlight improvements
- Support maintenance and improvement
- Re-enforcement of Quality behaviours
- Drive Root Cause and corrective action
- Quality Planning
- Design Reviews
- Achieve and exceed Quality Performance
- Small sorting and rework / repair tasks to be coordinated and partially done by the resident himself Initiation of preventive actions with the respective plant to minimise scrap and rework
- Reporting of defects etc. according a given standard to the plant and the central quality function
- Control of incoming/outgoing products.
What we expect:
- Articulate and great communication at all levels
- Technical skills
- Technical / Quality understanding
- Flexibility and the willingness to travel (exchange with the plant/training in the plant)
- Assertiveness, Managerial qualities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Automotive manufacturing experience is highly desirable
Please note that only experienced Quality Engineers will be considered for this role.
Job type: Contract (initially set for approx. 5 months)
Start date: March 2018
Pay rate: £15.38 to £19.48 ph - dependant on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Working hours: Monday to Friday - 37.5hours (To be confirmed).