Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester. We have built our business by championing the customer by providing refreshingly straightforward service and products and offer car, motorcycle, van and home insurance directly to the public.
We now have an opportunity within our Risk department for a Risk Executive. This position is based from our head office in Bexhill.
The main purpose of the role is to support providing 2nd line risk management expertise to the company in the application of the Risk Management Framework, whilst supporting the Risk Manager in oversight of emerging risks and co-ordinating risk activity which takes account of regulatory change.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Support the Risk Manager in the delivery of the 3 year business plan and providing technical support and guidance to the company on business risks that may impact the delivery of this plan;
- To support creation and delivery of the annual risk plan across HISL;
- To provide analytical and reporting expertise to the Risk team, delivering timely and accurate risk reporting to support and evidence the presence of an effective risk management function;
- To define, collate and support presenting the required management information to monitor the performance and exposure of risks across the business;
- To support implementation and ongoing development of the risk system reporting - acting as a super user for the system.
- To identify and analyse potential sources of loss to minimise risks;
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience within risk function and solid basic understanding of risk management framework/processes,
- Proven analytical and reporting experience in similar role
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels of organisation
- Desire to develop risk management knowledge further
- Preferably knowledge of the risk and governance process within an Insurance Broker/Intermediary, or Insurer;
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes.
If the above looks and sounds like you then please do not hesitate and apply today!