Account Protection Specialist - German Speaking
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The core function of the German and Austrian ASG& Authorizations teams is to handle incoming and outgoing calls and provide an excellent first point of contact experience for our Card Members, Merchants and Partners. As a Team member you will specialize in two main functions, Account Protection and Authorization.
As Account Protection Specialist your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking incoming and outgoing calls
- Verifying charges with our Card members
- Developing an understanding of potential fraud risks and taking the necessary steps to forward and highlight relevant information within the organization
- Working closely with other departments to ensure a high standard of customer service and the appropriate action to be taken to investigate and were applicable recharge fraudulent charges
In your function as Member of the Authorization team you will:
- Take inbound calls from our Card members and Merchants
- In contact with our Card members, focus on spend enablement and make decisions in regards to allowing for charges
- Support Card members with authorization of transactions in circumstances which might not be the norm
- Support Merchants with Address verifications
- Provide Merchants with Authorization codes for transactions
- Support Merchants with Approvals and Cancellations of transactions
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
1) Fluent to Native written and spoken German
2) Able to work under pressure
3) A team player with excellent communication and analytical skills
4) High level of integrity
5) Must be willing to work on shifts. (24x7 including weekends and bank holidays)
6) Highly service orientated and possesses good spoken and written skills in English
7) Understand risk management - preferably with risk operations background is advantageous but not essential
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time