The Best Connection is delighted to offer the opportunity to join our client based in Brighton as a Mechanical Fitter. This is a great chance to progress your career and join on a permanent basis after a qualifying period.
Duties of a Mechanical Fitter:
- Inspect and perform maintenance and repairs on large and small vehicles as required.
- Complete the associated paper work and accurately record information on the system.
- Confirm that all fault related procedures are followed.
- Use data to direct your inspections and repairs to the timescale instructed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Undertake any training to keep practises up to date and relevant.
- To provide a high level of quality and adhere to health and safety standards.
Requirements of a Mechanical Fitter:
- Hold a Category C HGV License.
- Full CPC and Digital Tacho card.
- Be able to demonstrate a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Be able to demonstrate through either certification or time served a mechanical aptitude.
- Desirable that you have worked as a Mechanical Fitter.
There are two shifts currently available:
- Day shift 0800 AM – 1600 PM (37 Hours) Limited availability.
- Afternoon shift 1200 PM – 2100 PM (41 Hours).
It is very likely that the shifts will change to a 4 on 4 off format. Please be aware and prepared to work these shifts.
The pay is £15.52 per hour.