HARDWARE ENGINEER - £40K - HAMPSHIRE - PERMANENT
My client is a cutting-edge designer and manufacturer of technology the Aerospace industry, due to continued strong growth they are looking for an Engineer to the Hardware design team on a permanent basis.
* To generate hardware requirements documents from higher level requirements and ensure designs are documented to the relevant project/Company standards
* To discover, design, analyse, commission and verify analogue and digital circuits in accordance with defined requirements specifications including cost and reliability targets
* To plan and manage hardware qualification activities and specify, design, commission and verify equipment test requirements
* Develop innovative engineering solutions to meet the requirements of the project to agreed schedule, quality and cost requirements across the whole development lifecycle within the context of the lifecycle management process
* Work with customers, other engineering disciplines and other internal departments across the whole development process and respond to their requests in a timely and professional manner
* Assist in the compilation of plans, estimates, task lists and risk management plans in support of programme objectives, project estimates and bids
* Perform internal project activities and work with external sub-contract organisations, whilst maintaining focus on achieving goals with a positive can-do attitude
* Capture and define requirements through a disciplined and rigorous approach to requirements management and ask challenging questions about the requirements and architecture of the system at each level of the hierarchy
* Contribute to the development of systems architectures considering alternative concepts and trade analysis in order to determine preferred solution.
* Construct and implement embedded solutions including detailed design, contribution to technical reviews and performance optimisation.
* Generate, perform and validate results of verification plans, test plans, analysis, test case design and other specific kinds of tests including flight tests, system tests, development tests, unit tests, component tests, integration tests, regression tests, stress tests, acceptance tests and qualification tests as appropriate.
Skills & Experience:
* Experience as Hardware or Electronics Engineer
* Experience of unit level box design
* Experience of Avionics or extensive safety critical industry experience
* Interest in working in the aerospace industry and want to learn quickly
* Experience of working on unit level equipment rather than whole aircraft or whole system based work
* Proven and extensive electronic hardware design skills. This should include some of the following experience of the complete design life cycle from interpretation of a requirements specification through design, development, debugging and documentation to design proving and certification
* Recent, relevant experience of at least three or more of the following:-
Designing microprocessor circuitry
Designing analogue circuitry (e.g. amplifiers, filters and signal sampling)
Logic design and schematic capture techniques
Low voltage power supply and/or power switching techniques
Designing to meet EMC and/or lightning design protection requirements
* Experience of preparing circuit board and equipment level test specifications
Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Winchester, Havant, Waterlooville, Alton, Eastleigh
Electronic, Hardware, Design, Engineer, Development, Manufacture, Aerospace, Sensor, Display, System, Circuit, Microprocessor, DSP, EMC, Analogue, Analog, Digital
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960282845