Trading Underwriter Croydon
We have a great opportunity for a Trading Underwriter to join our team based in Croydon. As a Trading Underwriter you will analyse and underwrite new and renewal business, regularly interacting and facing the market, under limited supervision, utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of moderate technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules, and insurance laws and regulations.
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives and other business related needs, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- Support the organization's sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase the organization's product density with the account.
- Promote the organization's products and services in order to increase penetration with agency plant.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings as they relate to assigned brokers and / or territory
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent Team Player
- Strong verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Proactive and able to manage a varied workload
- Strong Analytical skills
- Highly motivated / Self
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don't you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You'd give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today's interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You'll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You'll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It's a big challenge, but you'll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960278885