Relationship Manager, National Careers Service- Birmingham & Solihull
To manage our clients delivery across the local area by embedding the National Careers Service brand and delivery with key partners and in the local community. To manage a Payment by Results contract and ensure all aspects of contract performance are achieved. To ensure compliance and quality of performance is robust and of a high standard. To develop a team of Careers Advisers to provide high quality careers guidance and labour market information to all customers.
Birmingham & Solihull
Regional Operations Manager, NCS West Midlands
To comply with and understand Prospects safe guarding policy and procedures and take action as appropriate in relation to children and vulnerable groups regarding matters of safety, protection and wellbeing. Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
- Accountable to the Regional Operations Manager for managing our clients delivery team across the local area
- Responsible for brokering and maintaining key relationships in defined Local Authority areas, especially with Jobcentre Plus, training providers, colleges and Local Authority personnel. To be innovative and creative in embedding the service locally
- Support the Regional Operations Manager in maintaining key local relationships for National Careers Service partnership strand
- Manage a team of Careers Advisers and ensure delivery meets performance, quality and contract compliance targets
- Work with the Regional Operations Manager to ensure our clients delivery meets overall contractual targets
- Monitor delivery of Careers Advisers in defined locales, ensuring geographical coverage and effective delivery, including sourcing new venues and delivery locations
- Manage and support Lead Advisers to co-ordinate all aspects of delivery, performance, quality and compliance
- Undertake activities to support delivery by Careers Advisers including contributing to development of the delivery model
- Undertake activities to ensure quality of provision by Careers Advisers including observations and checking of documentation; telephone calls and any other methods required by the contract
- Use the MI system and MI Reports provided by MI Manager to manage adviser and team performance and to address areas for development continuously.
- Use Prospects IT systems to manage adviser delivery of NCS including in community, telephone advice and via social media
- Represent or client at appropriate meetings, events, conferences and seminars
- Ensure adherence to the company's equalities and diversity policy.
- Other duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post.
- Proven experience of managing a PBR contract and can demonstrate high performance levels achieved. A background in Careers Guidance, Skills/Employability or Welfare to Work is required demonstrating moving customers into accredited learning and employment
- Demonstrable experience of managing careers advisers, including motivating and supporting team members
- Minimum Level 4 NVQ qualification in Advice & Guidance (Desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate, network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within the company and outside.
- Ability to represent the company and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good report writing skills, attention to detail and ability to understand and define contractual requirements
- Ability to balance and respond appropriately to competing demands to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own work to meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to manage and interpret data to manage performance of the advisers
- A relevant degree or management qualification or proven experience at the required level
- Willing to undertake professional training to maintain standards
- Understanding of and commitment to implementing equal opportunities in all aspects of work with an understanding of and commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Expected to travel within the local area.