My client is a leading bespoke engineering manufacturer based North of Norwich employing around 200 staff. They have built an international reputation for designing, manufacturing and installing products of unsurpassed excellence and continue to be a leader in their field. They have a new opportunity for a Payroll and Ledger Controller to join their accounts team on a permanent full time contract
Hours: Basic 40 hour working week
Additional hours where necessary to ensure successful completion of responsibilities.
8.30am - 5.00pm (Monday - Friday)
Lunch break 1.00pm - 1.30pm
To work in a small department, the successful applicant will be responsible for;
* payroll processing
* supervision and maintenance of Equator time and attendance system
* sales ledger transaction processing
* cash posting & credit control
* Intrastat reporting
* operation of petty cash
* general office administration
* Supervision of the shop floor data capture system
* The role requires a person of unquestionable discretion and honesty, who can work accurately to deadlines and can organise their own work priorities.
* Must be proactive in their approach.
* Can adapt well within a small team.
* Good telephone manner
* Demonstrable strong background of payroll and payroll processing.
* Good knowledge of statutory maternity and sick pay
* Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organisation.
* Excellent work organisation skills.
* To be trusted with confidential information.
* MS Excel and Word competent
* Experience of sales invoicing, purchase invoice processing, credit control and Intrastat.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist engineering recruitment company based in Norfolk