Interim Financial Accountant
SF Group are currently recruiting an interim financial accounting role for our Birmingham based charity client. Over an initial period of 3 months you will support the Financial Controller the effective financial management of the organisation's resources - including putting in place and monitoring appropriate financial controls.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure statutory draft accounts are produced in line with Charity SORP accounting requirements in time for the statutory audit
- Produce draft VAT and other tax returns for review by the Financial Controller
- To answer company wide queries and support the Financial Accounting Manager in having a successful annual statutory financial audit
- To pro-actively identify areas for control improvements and implement relevant changes
- Understand the contents of the balance sheet, including restricted funds carried forward
- Leading on the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations in-line with the schedule
Charity sector experience is preferred but not essential. If you are proactive and hands-on accountant with extensive financial accounting exposure you are encouraged to apply.