Multiskilled Engineer Maintenance
The Company: is a fast growing, contract pharmaceutical company working with customers all over the world to develop new pharmaceutical products. It is a privately-owned company, established the early 2000's and now employs 120 people.
Job Title: Multiskilled Engineer (Maintenance)
Accountable to: Facilities Manager
- Support the Maintenance Apprentice, scheduling work, assigning tasks, gaining knowledge and transferring experience
- Checking and reviewing protocols ready for Quality Approval, if required
- Updating the maintenance schedule, creating "to do" schedules for up coming week, month and quarter
- Feedback on worn or unsuitable equipment and facilities, proposing replacements or work round solutions
- Equipment maintenance
- Completion of maintenance/ calibration protocols
- Review and support the wireless datalogging system for temperature controlled areas across both sites, reacting to the issues presented and completing corrective action documentation.
- Initiating Change Control systems to introduce or change areas and equipment as required by the Facilities Team.
- Arranging for external calibrations to be carried out and the dispatch of equipment
- Production of risk and COSHH assessments for activities undertaken by the Facilities Team
- To maintain the permit to work and method statement system in place at, primarily for high risk activities (working at high, underground or Hot Works)
- Working to GMP requirements at all times
- Accurately following set procedures and batch documentation
- Working in a Health & Safety conscious manner following safe systems of work
- Repair and maintenance of equipment to support all departments in line with the Facilities Department remit
- Add input through experience to new systems and purchases with respect to operability and maintenance. Liaise with other departments before changes/ purchases are made.
- Have an HNC qualification or above in electrical and/or mechanical engineering, including at least 4 years experience within a Pharmaceutical environment.
- Production and review of SOP's for equipment/processes where relevant, to ensure
practise meets procedure.