Learning Support Assistant
Skills: learning support, education, learning, assessment, school, college, learning difficulties, disabilities
Hours: 15-30 hours per week, term time only
**The successful candidate will be subject to DBS clearance**
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for this college in their newworld class building.
The purpose of this role is to help students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to participate fully in the college experience and to achieve their learning goals. The post holder will be expected to work within the framework of detailed learning and assessment plans, drawn up and monitored by lecturers.
What will your working week be like?
Our client is looking for Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) to provide support in class to students who have Educational Health & Care Plans with a variety of learning difficulties and disabilities, across a broad spectrum of curriculum subject areas, including: Art, Design and Media, Business and Professional Studies, Technology, Supported Learning, Vocational Studies, Hair and Beauty and Caring Services.
Learning Support Assistants help to provide a quality learning environment, with the ultimate aim of raising levels of individual success.
- To assist on the range of programmes where students need support
- To work with designated students, in groups or on an individual basis, in accordance with their learning and learning support plans
- To provide individualised support for designated students to meet their learning support needs
- To take responsibility for designated students additional learning support needs, as directed by the line manager or Tutor and to maintain appropriate levels of supervision at all times
- To attend students’ work experience placements, where required and enable students in their work experience activities
- To maintain appropriate records of students’ attendance and progress
- To assist the Tutor to prepare and maintain the learning environment and practical equipment for use in students’ learning
- To assist the Tutor to arrange student visits
- To provide emergency cover for Lecturers under guidance of the relevant Head of Department and Line Manager
Who will suit this role?
- These positions will suit highly motivated and dedicated individuals with experience of supporting students in a college or school environment.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, will be qualified to at least Level 2 in literacy and numeracy (GCSE A*-C) and will have a good level of IT skills.
- Ideally candidates will hold a qualification in providing learning support or will be willing to obtain this qualification.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.