Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support our clients in Livingston, Linlthgow and the surrounding towns through our friendly Falkirk branch.
It is essential that you are dedicated to promoting the well-being and quality of life of each individual you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and seeing them as more than a care plan.
Due to rural client locations and shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.The Caring Role
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings.
Within your role, you will be assisting residents with their daily routines. You will provide personalised support in line with each individual's unique care plan. This could include personal care, domestic tasks and other general activities that enable service users to live their life the way they choose.
Take advantage of flexible, agency-style working that fits around your needs but gives you all the benefits of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and free ongoing training (earned as you work).Newcross Care Perks
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with flexible, guaranteed hours
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (PVG) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support based in Falkirk
- Recommend a friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Access to your own vehicle (preferred)
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.The Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Falkirk City Centre, a short walk from Falkirk Grahamston Station, or a short drive from the only rotary canal connector in the world (Falkirk Wheel). We supply highly trained healthcare professionals to a range of establishments throughout West Lothian and Stirlingshire.
You will need to be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join our teamClick the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.