We are currently seeking dedicated Care Assistants with at least 3 months experience and Senior Care assistants to work in a variety of care settings including nursing and care homes in Bradford and the surrouning towns of working thorugh ourLeeds branch.
A Senior Carer will work in a similar way as a Care Assistant (HCA) but with additional responsibilities and the expectation of a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role to support your team.
For a limited time be welcomed to the team with free uniform and DBS when you start.
Due to rural client locations and varying shift times, public transport is not always readily available, therefore access to your own vehicle is desirable.Care Assistant Role
This could involve a range of tasks such as assisting with washing, dressing, toileting, meal times, accessing the community and other general activities that enable clients to receive an excellent standard of care.
Each client has a unique and personalised care plan suited to their individual needs; it is essential that you are confident delivering personal care on a case-by-case basis.
Work flexible hours of your choice, choose your own rota and take advantage of free, ongoing training in your local area (earned through credits as you work).
Every Newcross Care Assistant makes a difference in the lives of the patients they encounter, through their compassionate and sensitive approach, but also their ability to deliver the highest quality person-centred care.
For the senior care role, you will need to hold a NVQ3 or equivalent in health and social care, with medication certificate. You'll also need to have team leader skills and experiences, should you be required to lead a team of carers within an establishment setting. You may also be involved in supervising your team and working alongside a Multi-disciplinary team (MDT).Our Care Package
- Salary varies from up to £13.78/hr for senior carers and up to £11.96/hr for Care assistants, including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free DBS and uniform upon joining
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
Newcross healthcare value all of our employees and wish for all to have clear career progression because of this (unlike any other agency) we offer over 200 training courses to ensure that our employees always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learn new skills and develop and progress further in their career. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The Local Branch
Your local branch is located at 14 Kings Street, Leeds, LS1 2HL. We operate in various locations around the city and the surrounding local towns. For any queries regarding the role do not hesitate to contact the team at .
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.