Achievement Support Leader - Inclusive Learning - Peterborough Regional College
Starting at £16,455 rising to £19,325 with experience in the role
We currently have a permanent, full time opportunity for an Achievement Support Leader (ASL) in the Inclusive Learning Team. This is an exciting opportunity to support students to achieve. The position of Achievement Support Leader is essential to ensuring timely student success.
As an Achievement Support Leader you will be responsible for supporting learning progress of the students you support, as well as delivering group tutorials/ workshops and facilitating assessment activities, alongside monitoring the effectiveness of placements and provide support to learners’ throughout their placements ensuring that College standards and expectations are met and maintained.
As an Achievement Support Leader you will have excellent communication skills, outstanding levels of customer service and be efficient in your working practice. This role requires you to set SMART targets for students and support outstanding learning outcomes, using and accessing data on pro monitor, alongside monitoring and tracking of learner attendance.
Your area of responsibility will vary so flexibility and the ability to prioritise are essential along with attention to detail.
The working hours will usually be 8.30 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 4.30 pm on Friday. However, the working hours will vary on occasions dependent on the needs of the College. You will undertake a minimum of 1020 contact hours
The successful candidate will have a good level of education to a minimum of level 3 and at least a level 2 in English and Maths to be experienced in using IT applications and have the ability to lead and co-ordinate. Ideally you will also hold a qualification related to the support of learners, a level 3 teaching qualification and or a TAQA qualification but this is not essential as the College will support you in achieving these as part of your professional development.
You will be a motivated, self-starter with the highest level of commitment to constantly seeking new business opportunities. This is a target driven role requiring a creative person that is driven to succeed.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbally and written are essential along with excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- An ability to develop the quality of the student experience that leads to outstanding outcomes
- Experience of implementing a range of quality processes and systems within a further education environment
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
- Awareness and respect for colleagues, young adults and children’s cultural, religious and emotional needs and beliefs
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
The College offers many good employment benefits including 30 days holiday entitlement plus Christmas close down (or additional payment for hourly employees), access to the Local Government Pension scheme, and many on-site benefits and facilities, including a gym and on-site nursery. This position will be based at our Peterborough Park Crescent site.