Head of Data Engineering
Head of Data Engineering - AWS
£80,000 to £100,000 + Package
A business doing ground-breaking and confidential work in their sector are looking for for a Head of Data Engineering to define the strategy for a brand new AWS data platform, and the lead a team in the management and delivery of it. The Company already have a large data science team using a wide range of advanced techniques including Deep Learning for NLP and Image recognition and web scraping. The purpose of the platform is to allow the team to have full control of the analytics infrastructure without the need for support from IT.
Their Data Science team are some of the best professionals on the market and the Head of Analytics reports directly to the owners. The aim is for you to eventually grow an equivalent team of 6 Data Engineers to partner with the Data Scientists to improve the quality and efficiency of their solutions.
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Head of Data Engineering, you will:
- Work with the analytics team to understand what is data they need for their solution
- Design and build an AWS data platform from scratch
- Grow and lead a team of talented Data Engineers
- Access multiple data sources including web, image, and others
- Promote strong coding practices in an Agile environment
- Own the whole data estate for advanced data science
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To qualify for the Head of Data role, you will need:
- Excellent knowledge of Data Architecture in AWS
- Strong knowledge of how data scientists use data for advanced machine learning and deep learning work
- Experience in growing team
- Experience in managing the infrastructure for an AWS Data Solution
- Strong academic background
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this Head of Data role, please do so via this site. For more information, reach out to Ross at Harnham.
KEYWORDS: Python, R, AWS, SQL, Deep Learning, NLP, Data Science, Data Engineering, Head of Data