Conveyancing Secretary, Luton
We’re recruiting for a Conveyancing Secretary to join a well-established, successful law firm based in Luton!
The successful candidate will be supporting Fee Earners in all aspects of their work and responsibilities to ensure they are able to operate at optimum efficiency at all times. Key tasks will include dealing directly with clients and colleagues on the fee earner’s behalf, and carrying out administrative requirements.
Our client, experts in their field, are a modern and innovative legal firm. They believe firmly in developing their staff and recognising their achievements.
- To produce documents and correspondence by word processing/audio typing as directed
- To attend to clients and others, both on the telephone and in person, dealing with as appropriate
- To set up new files accurately and speedily
- To maintain the Fee Earners’ client details on the firm’s database and updated regularly
- To deal promptly and accurately with all filing and the storage and retrieval of client files
- To manage a Fee Earner’s diary, including making appointments, arranging meetings, organising travel etc. as required - ensuring all meetings have appropriate facilities such as a room booked, refreshments etc.
- To assist in the smooth running of the administration and secretarial support for the department, and where appropriate to provide support to other fee earners and secretarial staff
- To make sure files are Lexcel compliant, manage money laundering checks and keep money laundering records
- Assisting with the preparation of bills
- Ensuring disbursements are claimed and paid
- Experienced legal secretary
- Some experience in conveyancing - essential
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Experience with digital dictation / audio typing
- Excellent written English - grammar and spelling
- Excellent communicator with a flexible approach to work
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Uses initiative with the ability to follow instructions
- Able to work under with pressure and maintain a calm manner at all times
Hours: 9am-5.30pm + 1hr 15m for lunch
Benefits: 20 days holiday (plus 2 additional for Christmas period), pension contribution, discretionary bonus
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.