Our exceptional client is currently recruiting for 2 x CAD Technician's to provide support to the engineering operational activities in their modern offices near Woolpit.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly sought after local employer who truly invest in their people and offer superb benefits and opportunities for progression.
Starting salary £17,500 - £19,500 depending on experience.
Working hours Monday to Friday 8.30 – 17.00
Free car parking is available onsite.
- To produce detailed drawings for issue to Contractors, Developers, Auditors and internal staff using the company CAD software and hardware.
- To process and interpret As-Laid drawings received from Contractors, to ensure provision of up to date, accurate work in progress drawings.
- To scale or re-scale maps using reference sources.
- The use of printing, copying and scanning equipment to assist in the process of creating and maintaining accurate and up to data records.
- The interpretation of other utility maps to create new records.
- To maintain a high level of productivity and quality.
- Good communications (written & verbal), numeracy and IT skills are important, as is the ability to work as part of a team.
- To multi-task and take responsibility for own workload.
- Criteria level to be achieved on applicable work streams (CAD) on the skills matrix.
- Attention to detail is essential for accurate records.
- To work well under pressure and to tight deadlines where daily workload may fluctuate.
- Majority of work is produced in AutoCAD (90%) & data entry (10%), the use of Microsoft office products at a first-generation level e.g. Word/Excel/Powerpoint is required.
- Minimum CAD requirement: AutoCAD experience
- GIS knowledge is an advantage.
Please note: this is initially for a fixed-term of 6 months, but likely to go permanent.
If you meet the specifications above and are looking to work for a prestigious and progressive local employer, please apply with an up-to-date CV today!