Head of Communications and Content
Nigel Wright have been appointed to support a key client in the financial services sector with the recruitment of a newly created Head of Communications and Content role. The position has become available due to the creation of a new directorate and will be responsible for managing three teams covering design, content governance and content editing.
- Lead the company's multi-channel communication services business, developing and delivering commercial communications strategies and products for existing customers and growing a portfolio of new customers.
- Own all customer-facing communications, ensuring robust content creation, management and governance processes are in place across all channels and that content is accurate, version-controlled and optimised for the end audience.
- Contribute to shaping and championing the company's overall customer experience and provide leadership for its internal communications strategy and team.
- Ensure team and organisational readiness to support change (market, internal company, or customer), driving continuous and measurable improvement while anticipating future needs, developing solutions in advance of these and managing costs.
- Be the link between the company and its communications' audiences, bringing the voice of the customer to life across the business with insight and data to identify where change is required, develop solutions and drive organisational improvement and customer value.
- Proactively identify commercial opportunities for service/proposition development, gaining customer and internal buy-in in advance of development where possible and fostering a culture of co-creation. Achieve sales growth targets for services as agreed each year.
- Develop commercial communications propositions and services to support existing and new clients to achieve revenue targets while closely managing costs, customer KPIs and seeking process efficiencies.
- Accountable for the creation, management and measurement of all customer content, across all channels, ensuring content accuracy and that content contributes to the overall desired customer experience.
- Contribute significantly to the development of the company's overall Customer Experience vision and strategy, inspiring direct reports and being a visible and vocal champion across the wider business, in interactions with customers and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain a first-hand understanding of the customer experience for the role's relevant customer sets, across all touch points, as seen through customers' eyes. Overlay this with data and research to draw conclusions with regard to required short and long-term cultural, service and proposition developments/opportunities.
- Define and own the management of the company's customer experience metrics in relation to communications services - coordinating insight gathering and data to maintain an accurate view of customer satisfaction across all channels.
- Build relationships across all customer groups to gain insight and buy-in to customer transformation, understanding the externally perceived measurements of success and value.
- Ensure the Communications and Content team builds and maintains effective and collaborative relationships across the business, instilling a sense of 'one company' and a shared ownership of great customer outcomes.
- Maintain oversight and control over all operational budgets and risk registers associated with communications service delivery - highlighting additional resources or requirements where required, and managing risks, suppliers and costs effectively.
- Ensure the Communications and Content team keeps up to speed with industry best practices and trends - bringing the best of market innovation and service to the company where they will drive business and customer value.
- Considerable experience in commercial communications role (or similar) with at least experience with direct responsibility for delivering exceptional customer experience through multi-channel content.
- B2C customer communications experience is essential.
- Experience leading the full end-to-end product development cycle, including sales and marketing activities.
- Customer relationship management experience.
- Financial services or employee benefits experience helpful.
- Proven track record of problem-solving and driving change/continuous improvement.
- Experience of operating in a multi-channel, customer-facing environment.
- Experience of Strategic planning and delivery.
- Decisive and inspirational people leadership.
- Experience of operational budget, cost control and supplier management.
- Project leadership on a multi-stakeholder level.
- Excellent customer focus and commitm
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80263507