Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
This role is responsible for business partnering the UK sales teams, providing financial and commercial value add support on a monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc basis to ensure delivery against both short and long term volume and profit targets. Additionally the role will own the investment accrual reconciliations for UK & Ireland.
My client is a global FMCG company with their UK head office based in West London
Ensure relevant rigour is applied to monthly financial processes
- Maintain robust financial projections throughout the monthly forecast, monitoring and influencing business manager forecast submissions and providing insightful commentary to business performance & drivers.
- Customer & Brand level reporting & commentary of actual results vs. budgets and forecasts.
- Understanding & reporting of Risks & Opportunities to delivering budgets and forecasts, proactively seek solutions with the Business Managers.
- Lead the financial update in the UK meetings.
- Attend the UK & Ireland monthly Trade Review meetings, providing insight into the updated forecast to the Sales Leads and Europe MD
- Work closely with the Europe Revenue Manager to drive revenue maximisation across allocated products
- Apply a continuous improvement mind-set to simplify and improve efficiency to all processes.
Provide Commercial Strategic Support
- Analyse and challenge trading agreement proposals, including evaluation of business options vs. business objectives and financial cost implications, working closely with business partners to optimise outcomes
- Review and summarise all trading agreements prior to communication to Commercial Finance Manager/Customer, ensuring robustness and accuracy of assumptions made
- Be involved in and seek to influence all decisions that have long or short term impact on the P&L
- Challenge the business managers on activities that do not adhere to agreed targets and guidelines and provide alternative solutions
- Ad hoc support for new business or product developments
- Proactively drive sales team to deliver budget & mitigate gaps that develop
- Drive focus on priority brands and markets.
Investment accrual reconciliation
- Own the monthly investment accrual reconciliations process across rebates and trade sell for UK & Ireland, working closely with sales managers to reconcile balances back to agreed customer investment
- Work closely with commercial finance team to continuously improve accrual reconciliation processes to ensure timely and consistent reconciliations are performed across the region.
- Provide insights to the wider sales and finance teams into level of risk/opportunity identified during the accrual reconciliation process.
- Assist commercial finance manager and financial controller through half year and full year external audit procedures including providing information for auditor requests and explaining accrual positions/movements
Support the UK & Ireland Commercial Finance Manager
- Provide insights to performance within the UK channels for presentation to the Europe MD and wider Leadership Team.
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager through the Integrated Business Planning cycle and the budgeting processes
- Be the owner of the pricing and forecasting tool and other relevant financial systems for the sales teams
- Act as a role model within the wider Finance team and provide support when required.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Accounts Receivable team to reduce overdue debt
- CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Strong systems knowledge
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven financial reporting and analytical experience
- Ability to work across finance and non-finance departments
- Take ownership for areas for responsibility or projects
- Ability to challenge teams on performance delivery
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Independent, flexible & dynamic commercial thinker.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a positive manner with co-workers and management
- Willing to work in a fast-paced team environment and motivate teams and individuals interdepartmentally
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise
- Presentation skills required to summarise and clearly articulate financial position or findings to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Industry benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80303044