Security Consultant – Incident Response
There is a reason why my client keeps beating the “big 4” on winning projects and I’d love to you why they are becoming the consultancy of choice! My client is an international organisation who has recruited some of the worlds top cyber security leaders and have developed technical teams that can’t be compared with. They have grown in the U.S, Asia and Europe and right now they need a Security Consultant to come and work on information security challenges, including incident investigation/response, as well as assessing and reducing information security risks for high profile clients.
What will you be doing?
- Participate in security incident investigations that involve computer crimes and require log, forensic and malware analysis
- Collect and analyze intrusion detection system alerts, firewall logs, network traffic logs and host system logs to evaluate whether unauthorized access or information ex-filtration occurred
- Perform forensic analyses to identify the presence of any malware, malware capabilities/actions and what actions the malware took
- Conduct security investigations in Linux and/or Windows environments
- Provide input into client communications, both written and oral, related to analyses performed for senior level review
What experience do you require?
- 1 to 4 years of experience working in the Incident Response space
- Understanding of how to communicate effectively and concisely with high level management and C-suite clients
- Ability to approach projects both from a long-range and immediate view
- Experience working with non-Windows programs (such as Linux, Unix, Mac)
- Scripting/programming experience (specifically Python, C#, VBA, or Shell)
- Experience working on projects in an investigatory capacity – either law enforcement or incident response
- Strong desire to work on a team in a collaborative environment to achieve common goals
- Ability to correlate events from multiple sources to create a timeline analysis across end points of an incident
- Exceptional organizational skills, to include detailed note taking abilities
- Passion for the sport of Incident Response, and a desire for continuous improvement in expertise
In return my client offers a first class working environment, projects you won’t find anywhere else along with a training structure that can’t be beaten.
Excellent salary and benefits package also on offer.
Please contact Tom Chapman for full job details.