Are you an experienced Procurement specialist who has ideally worked in both the Private and Public sector? Are you looking to work for an extremely commercial, diverse, energetic, driven and supportive business who offer great benefits and opportunities? If so, read on.
This Mansfield based organisation are looking to recruit a Procurement Lead to lead business partners to deliver a high quality and comprehensive, business focussed procurement and commercial service, ensuring that best value for money is achieved.
This is a mix of both operational and strategic Procurement and needs the ideal person to have had experience in both of these arenas.
Your procurement duties will include:
- To act as Procurement advisor for the business. Located within the business, build and maintain relationships with business management and operational teams influencing procurement strategy and decision making
- Support the business to integrate best commercial practice into their processes and ways of working to support continuous improvement
- Manage and oversee workloads of Procurement Business Partner to ensure visibility of workload pressures and to highlight resource issues
- Deliver training to the business on policies and procedures to embed good practice, develop knowledge and manage risks in alignment with organisational appetite
- To lead multi-discipline teams to deliver effective contracts and to design new commercial arrangements taking into consideration business requirements and risks
- To be responsible for managing the negotiation, planning and placing of contracts
- To attend business areas departmental meetings to share knowledge and understanding of the business need
- Effectively manage suppliers and contracts to sustain value throughout the life of contracts
- To implement Category Management principles where appropriate
- To engage appropriate internal and external stakeholders to gain information and insight to support the development of strategic procurement
- To develop Supplier Relationship Management strategy to facilitate improved performance and increased market knowledge
- To develop a structure and programme for supplier engagement and benchmark performance
Who should apply?
- Public sector experience is not essential, but an understanding of both Public and Private sector will stand you in good stead
- CIPS qualified or working towards the qualification
This role offers a highly attractive benefits package which includes:35.5 days' annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays), performance related bonus of up to 14% of annual salary, 20.9% employer pension contribution, Flexitime Scheme and occasional home working (usually around 1 day per week) Support for continuous professional development, Access to a fleet of pool cars, Free on-site parking and £15 per month towards gym membership of your choice
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.