Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Server/Virtualisation
£35-40,000 + on-call + benefits
Birmingham - West Midlands - Commutable from Coventry, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull, Coleshill, Nuneaton
We are working exclusively with a growing IT Managed Service's organisation who are going through a period of rapid growth due to recent acquisitions. This means, a new challenge, more variety in your work and obviously greater opportunities for you in the near future!
We are looking for multiple hires across this area of the business.
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation with strong financial backing
- Use of latest technologies (below) and training/personal development opportunities
- Team-focused approach - lots of support from management and senior engineers - first few weeks will be knowledge transfer with new business
- Modern mature offices - breakout areas and social events
- Part of a well-established Operational Support team - providing BAU level 3 technical support
- Technical ownership of and an acknowledged subject matter expert in at least one major technology capability - Wintel, VMWare, Citrix.
- Opportunity to work on complex technical projects
- Client Focused with good communication and documentation skills.
- Good Analytical and troubleshooting skills i.e. can own and run an issue with minimal intervention from others ensuring all relevant parties are informed in a timely manner.
- Owning, tracking and resolving support tickets related to incidents, problems, and changes
- You will be part of an on-call rota - remote, 1 in 4 / 1 in 6 - good opportunity to substantially increase remuneration
- The role support end clients and covers 7am - 7pm (Mon-Fri). Standard work hours within those times will be worked - giving us an opportunity to miss / beat the traffic
- Previous experience working in a 3rd line support capacity - ideally in an SLA / EUC environment
- Experience supporting some of the following technologies;
- Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Office 365, MS SQL 2012-2016
- VMware ESXi / vSphere
- Backup technologies - Veeam backup etc
- Citrix - XenApp, XenDesktop
- Knowledge of monitoring alerting, logging and status messages. Maintenance tasks i.e. reviewing backups and patching systems
- Previous experience working for a managed services provider (desirable)
Salary on offer is £35-40,000 + on-call + benefits
Looking to move ASAP (genuinely ASAP - interviews next week and the following with a 1-stage process followed by offer).
James Turley - IT Recruitment Consultant- -
3rd Line Support - Infrastructure Engineer - Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Senior Support Engineer - Senior Systems Engineer - Server Engineer - Citrix - VMware - Wintel - Windows - Backup - Managed Services - End User Computing (EUC)