IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer / IT Support Technician / Technical Support Engineer / 1st Line / 2nd Line / Windows 7 / Windows 10
IT Support Engineer with experience in Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems and full UK driving license is needed by our client, a rising privately-owned company based in Hessle (East Yorkshire). They specialise in the design, development and support of gaming solutions for a wide range of land-based retail operators.
They are now on the lookout for a positive and ambitious new member to join their technical support team.
About the Role
- As their IT Support Engineer, your role will involve the following:
- Providing 1st and 2nd Line support to their customers (via phone, remote access & in person)
- Using Service Desk software to record and handle all calls and requests
- Ensuring all company procedures and agreed SLAs are followed
- Escalating calls and requests when required
- Identifying recurring incidents to management to be investigated
- Maintaining the asset register ensuring all hardware is correctly recorded
- Creating and maintaining internal system documentation
- Carrying out the assembly and configuration of PCs
Occasional support visits to customer sites may be required.
Full training and support will be provided.
- Full & clean UK driving license
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows 7 & 10)
- Basic understanding of IT networks (including TCP/IP, Subnets, DHCP & relevant wired and wireless hardware)
- Ability to build & configure Desktop PC systems
- Knowledge of remote access support tools
- Capable of identifying & resolving hardware and software issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016 applications
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, on a shift rota basis
Some evenings and weekends until 10pm will be required.
If this role sounds of interest, click on the APPLY button now.