Security Specialist, Infrastructure
Reinvent your world
Big ideas and bigger ambitions?
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
You belong here.
Seeking out the smart
We’re rounding up the brightest minds to innovate with us across the technology landscape. We need fresh thinking, daring suggestions and raw creativity. We’re in the business of shaping the future – everybody’s future. Our customers and our employees alike. We are Visa.
Think you know us?
We don’t deal in money, numbers or figures. We create the ground-breaking technologies and bold solutions that keep our world ticking over, connecting us all, every single day.
It’s our people that keep things running smoothly at Visa. That’s why we invest in each and every one of our staff individually. We want them to grow with us, stick with us and help us reach even dizzier, and more extraordinary new heights.
We’re targeting dynamic thinkers who can get going quickly with our latest exciting job opportunities.
If you think you could truly support the security of Visa as a Security Specialist, Infrastructure, we want to hear from you.
Security Specialist, Infrastructure
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create exemplary security operations and incident response teams, poised to defend us against any potential cyber threats.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cyber defence. We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. If you have a burning desire for self-development, working with us will expose you to challenges and opportunities to hone your skills. We’ll provide the right environment and a plethora of top notch professionals to learn with and from.
The nitty gritty
So what do we expect of you day to day?
- Implement under the direction of the Director of Attack Surface Recon team utilizing the enterprise-wide strategy for the Attack Surface Management Program with established key initiatives/projects focused on the reduction of technology risk within Visa.
- Operate as a Subject Matter Expert for Vendor Patch Management
- Assist in the development of solutions and solving complex/unique problems with regard to Visa’s Attack Surface
- Assist in the execution of departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities and contribute to the Attack Surface Management functional strategy.
- Work with IT and business teams to develop solutions that address root causes.
- Utilize existing vulnerability management, security configuration management, and web application scanning tools and processes to extend coverage, increase effectiveness and expand capabilities.
- Work with diverse IT and business teams to assist in developing solutions to remediate identified vulnerabilities and misconfigurations in a risk prioritized, effective and efficient fashion.
- Provide support to Audit, Legal, Human Resources, Corporate Security and Executives.
- Possess the ability to effectively identify, evaluate and communicate new and ongoing security threat.
What we’re after…
- This role requires the ability to be forward thinking and assist with developing unique solutions that are at the forefront of technology; the Attack Surface Management Team at Visa is a leader in the space not a follower. The primary focus of this role is to assist with the identification and notification of vendor patches. This will be accomplished by tracking internal and external vulnerabilities, and then applying the appropriate risk-ratings to prioritize remediation to ensure Visa is appropriately protected
- 4-7 years of experience in Cybersecurity with experience in vulnerability management, security configurations management, or other security scanning.
- Possess strong technical security skills and comprehension of security and risk
- Ability to work on complex projects and with diverse teams
- Familiar with Vulnerability Management tools such as Qualys QualysGuard, nCircle IP360, McAfee Foundstone, Tenable Nessus, etc.
- Familiar with Policy Compliance tools such as Qualys QualysGuard, Symantec CCS, Microsoft SCM, etc.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS compliance standards and guidelines
- Knowledge and experience with diverse IT architectures and enterprise IT data centres, large-scale transaction processing environments, external hosted services and cloud computing environments. Extensive knowledge and experience with physical and virtual server configurations and implementations.
- Experience working with security management tools and perimeter technologies
- Knowledge of configuration management, change control/problem management integration, risk assessment and acceptance, exception management and security baselines
- Knowledge of and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) processes and remediation recommendations.
- Strong technical understanding and experience assessing threats to and identifying weaknesses in multiple operating system platforms, database and application servers, and custom and off the shelf applications, etc.
Think you have what it takes?
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.