Network Security Specialist
Reinvent your world
Big ideas and bigger ambitions?
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
You belong here.
Seeking out the smart
We’re rounding up the brightest minds to innovate with us across the technology landscape. We need fresh thinking, daring suggestions and raw creativity. We’re in the business of shaping the future – everybody’s future. Our customers and our employees alike. We are Visa.
Think you know us?
We don’t deal in money, numbers or figures. We create the ground-breaking technologies and bold solutions that keep our world ticking over, connecting us all, every single day.
It’s our people that keep things running smoothly at Visa. That’s why we invest in each and every one of our staff individually. We want them to grow with us, stick with us and help us reach even dizzier, and more extraordinary new heights.
We’re targeting dynamic thinkers who can get going quickly with our latest exciting job opportunities.
If you think you could truly support the security of Visa as a Network Security Specialist, we want to hear from you.
Network Security Specialist
What’s it all about?
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise is what makes us the undisputed leader in electronic payments. We’ve made it our priority to create a top-tier Engineering team dedicated to Cybersecurity. We are the ‘engine room’, where the opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies and increase the effectiveness of Cyber detection and prevention are as wide as your imagination.
We’re looking for those of you who are inherently driven and fascinated by the art and science of cybersecurity. We’ll equip you with the very best tools and tech so that you can deliver top notch results.
Continuous self-development underpins job fulfilment at Visa. As a Network Security Specialist you’ll be enthused by getting stuck into various defence and security sector related projects, as well as the chance to work with top notch professionals to learn with and from.
The nitty gritty
So what do we expect of you day to day? Here’s a bit of a heads up:
- To work with the wide variety of security technologies. To implement new technologies that integrate with the current tool landscape. To put in place solutions that automate these functions, thus freeing you up to further innovate, giving you the flexibility to keep learning, being creative and adding value to the organisation
- To act as a security SME specifically focused on network, perimeter, automation, and monitoring technologies (IDS Suricata/Snort, WAF/DAM/UUT Imperva, CASB Netskope, Automation Ansible Tower and Phantom, NAC Cisco ISE, DDOS Arbor, Netflow Riverbed, Web Proxies, Palo Alto Firewalls)
- Be responsible for developing innovating and supporting the previously mentioned technologies and maintaining the network and security policies.
- The ability to support and contribute across other security technologies to complement the Cyber Engineering function
- To act as a specialist champion to further the direction and strategy; to work closely with all security stakeholders to continuously improve the Cybersecurity services provided
- To ensure that security operations visibility is maintained and accurate by delivering Security Operations Monitoring capabilities
What we’re after…
- This specific opportunity requires someone with a keen desire to work as part of a global team to understand the network estate.
- You will need to be passionate about learning technologies and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each
- You’ll need to understand how further capability can be leveraged from existing tools and identifying opportunities for integration with other toolsets to increase the layers of defence.
- CISSP or equivalent industry certification to demonstrate security awareness
- Significant and demonstrable Network security experience
- Demonstrable experience of security tools administration
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- distributed systems/cloud computing security
- protocols and network security
- data and application security
- user and data privacy
- security assurance
- scripting / programming and working with API’s
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as the world-leading digital payments company. The successful candidate must have a strong academic track record and demonstrate excellent software engineering skills. The candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and excellent collaboration skills.
Think you have what it takes?
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.